SY CANNONBALL, is racing in the St. Maarten Heineken Regatta 2017: March 1- 5
SYCANNONBALL is an exceptional 73 ft Mini Maxi sailing yacht, capable of reaching speeds up to 20 knots. Pure performance and smoothness.
You can experience this once in a lifetime opportunity and join CANNONBALL’s professional crew competing alongside the sports top sailors.
What can you expect while competing in the 37th edition of St.Maarten Heineken Regatta 2017?
- A world famous international sailing event consisting of four days of racing
- Compete with worlds best sailors on the fastest boats
- Competitors from 37 different countries (in 2016)
- Warm trade winds from the northeast
- An average temperature of 25 °C
- Christal clear blue water
- Racing alongside the coast and around the island
- Amazing views on the beaches and rocks
- Enjoy the culture, cuisine and music from the Dutch and French side
The St.Maarten Heineken Regatta has a great track record in providing great artists and an atmosphere to die for every night of the regatta!
Thursday March 2th:
- Officially starts off the regatta festivities with a night of music. Thursday’s Green Sensation will showcase a collaboration of the island’s top four DJs: Cutcreator DJ Outkast, DJ Bossman, DJ Big Boss and DJ Em.
Friday March 3th:
- The sounds of the Island’s best musicians including Xplosion Band and Exodus band from Anguilla will be featured at the Boardwalk
Saturday, March 4th:
- Antiguan musicians Asher Otto & Itchyfeet will open up the evening’s performances on Kim Sha Beach, which will be transformed into a mix of aerial artists, local food vendors and some surprises designed to inspire your soul.
Top Reggae Sensation Collie Buddz as the final performance of the evening on Kim Sha Beach!
Sunday, March 5th
- Grammy award winner Mýa who will be a special guest performer
The Universal chart topping band UB40 featuring Ali Campbell, Astro and Mickey Virtue will close out the St Maarten Heineken Regatta’s 4 days
Compete in the St. Maarten Heineken Regatta on SY CANNONBALL, open for 10 individuals
- Arrival onboard: Tuesday evening February 28th 2017
- Training day: Wednesday March 1th
- Commodores Cup Regatta: Thursday March 2th
- Round the Island from Simpson Bay: Friday March 3th
- Race Day 2 (both sides island): Saturday March 4th
- Race day 3 (South Coast and North West): Sunday March 5th
- Price giving and beach party: Sunday March 5th
- Leaving the boat: Monday March 6th
What is included joining SY CANNONBALL for the St. Maarten Heineken Regatta?
- Accommodation on board in a 2 person cabin
- Breakfast and lunch
- Non alcoholic drinks (water, softdrinks, lemonade, coffee and tea)
- Snacks (veggies, crisps, nuts, choclat bars, candy etc.)
- Experienced crew
- Marina fees
- Fuel and other boat related costs
- Bed linnen and towels
- Internet acces via WiFi (if available)
- Immigration/port fees
- Food, drinks on shore
- Alcoholic drinks