Atlantic Rally for Cruisers
Every November since 1986 the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers has set sail from Las Palmas, bound 2,700 nautical miles westward across the Atlantic to the Caribbean.
The Atlantic Rally for Cruisers has been the benchmark for those wishing to complete a transatlantic voyage. Thousands have successfully made the passage since then and in the process had a fantastic experience developing their sailing skills, racing or cruising down one of the world’s most famous trading routes and no doubt meeting new friends and crewmates along the way.
Crossing the Atlantic is a tipping point for most sailors – once completed all areas of the world’s oceans suddenly become possible frontiers to be explored and enjoyed. As with any event, our intention is to teach as much about ocean voyaging and seamanship as we can- what is exciting about the Transat is that a prolonged period of tuition is available allowing everyone on board to get to grips with all aspects of the boat.
We will be using our Whitbread 60 or later Volvo 60 ‘Challenger ‘ for this event which means that we will have plenty of opportunities to experience the higher speeds and quicker transit time associated with this kind of performance vessel. We ask all crew to bear in mind though that safety and not speed is our primary concern.
What you can expect of the ARC?
- A world-famous international sailing event
- Depart Gran Canaria
- Competing in the racing division
- Roughly 2700 miles to sail
- You are part of the watch system
- Warm trade winds from the North-East
- Spotting whales
- Catching flying fish
- Every boat is welcomed to Rodney Bay Marina with rum punches, fresh fruit, and chilled beer. No matter what time of day or night, the welcome party will be ready for you!
- Enjoy the culture, cuisine, and music in St. Lucia
Package Volvo 60 Challenger ARC November 22-December 10 2019
This is the classic Atlantic Crossing route – heading down the famous North Easterly Trade winds to the Caribbean
With training and the travel you arrange- this 2700Nm route will be all done and dusted in just 16 days.
- Food while on the boat
- Accommodation on the boat once training has begun
- 2 days of safety training prior to the event
- Crew shirt to wear onboard & keep
- Your dockage fees
- Damage waiver
|11 Nov||ARC Office opens in Las Palmas|
|17 Nov||Last date for boat arrivals in Las Palmas|
|24 Nov||Start day!
12:45 Racing Divisions
13:00 Cruising Divisions
|12-17 Dec||Majority of ARC boats arrive in Rodney Bay|
|20 Dec||ARC finish line closes, 12:00 local time|
|21 Dec||Prize giving ceremony|
Activities in Saint Lucia
- Saint Lucia Tourist Board welcome party
- Jazz night
- ARC in the Park – live music
- A cultural weekend of activities
- Marina manager’s cocktail party
- ARC lectures – Caribbean cooking and Caribbean cruising
- Pigeon Island costume party
- Stay on the island for Christmas or go cruising through the Grenadines
Visit Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria is a miniature continent where centuries of rich history meet natural spots of great beauty. One only needs to tour the 21 towns on the island to feel inside another world. A restless island that changes its aspect at the turn of the road.
Regatta’s Volvo 60 Challenger
Like to have some more information?
+31 85 301 56 36