Why is Caribbean Yacht Racing so fantastic?
Caribbean Yacht Racing is so fantastic because:
- Compete with worlds best sailors on the fastest boats
- Competitors from different countries
- Warm trade winds from the northeast
- An average temperature of 25 ° C
- Chrystal clear blue water
- Racing alongside the coasts and around the different island
- Amazing views of the beaches and rocks
- Enjoy the Caribbean culture, cuisine and music
In which Caribbean regatta’s can you compete?
|Barbados Sailing Week||Three Days of Coastal Racing, The Mount Gay Round Barbados Race, The Ocean Passage Race to Antigua||January 16||January 24, 2019|
|Grenada Sailing Week||Four days of racing in warm Caribbean waters and one lay day. Spice it up!||January 28||February 2, 2019|
|RORC Caribbean 600||An exciting 600-mile offshore race that takes competitors around some of the most beautiful islands of the Caribbean.||February 18||February 22, 2019|
|Rolex Swan Cup Caribbean||Held at the Yacht Club Costa Smeralda’s in the sailing paradise of the British Virgin Islands.||February 27||March 3, 2019|
|St.Maarten Heineken Regatta||Four days of world-class racing with some of the world's most seasoned sailors, from more than 35 countries, sailing Maxis, Monohulls and Performance Multihulls to holiday-makers on chartered Bareboats and live-aboard families cruising the Caribbean. Chrystal clear waters and cooling northeasts trade winds give the pristine conditions for spectacular racing just off the coast of St. Maarten. And with Heineken as title sponsor, the racing days blend seamlessly into four nights of exceptional parties. This event is your bucket list must-do!||February 28||March 3, 2019|
|St. Thomas International Regatta||The “Crown Jewel” of Caribbean racing–where sailors can experience our reliable breezes, warm azure waters and world-renowned Island hospitality.||March 21||March 24, 2019|
|BVI Spring Regatta and Sailing Festival||The BVI Spring Regatta & Sailing Festival kicks off with a four-day warm-up, followed by the main three-day regatta. Nanny Cay, home and host to event for the past 15 years is set to welcome some 60 yachts to the newly located Regatta Village sited in the Outer Marina which was completed in December 2016.||March 25||March 31, 2019|
|Les Voiles de St.Barth||Multiclass Caribbean regatta combining extreme competitive racing with the best hospitality St Barth has to offer...||April 14||April 20, 2019|
|Antigua Sailing Week||Held annually at the end of April and will commence with the Peters & May Round Antigua Race on Saturday. Followed by five days of competitive racing off the rugged south coast of Antigua, which will wrap up on Friday. ASW is considered one of the Caribbean's most prestigious regattas with 145 yachts participating in 2017.||April 27||May 3, 2019|
|Antigua Bermuda Race||A race for yachts leaving the Caribbean post-season on their way to the USA or Europe. A 935-mile offshore race||May 8||May 16, 2019|
|Golden Rock Regatta||The event is tailored to draw beginners to both yacht charter and regatta sailing though the teams at times have a smattering of Olympians and top class race specialists mixed in with the crew! If you have never raced before, this is the regatta for you!||November 12||November 19, 2019|
On which boats can you race in the Caribbean?
The TP52 is a true Grand Prix Racer, designed for yacht racing at the highest level. The all carbon fibre yacht with it’s powerful sail plan and deep keel is built for uncompromised performance. Downwind in stronger breezes a TP52 with sheets cracked is like hitting the turbo and will regularly hit surf speeds over 25 knots then continue to maintain high average speeds. These qualities make it ideal for the shorter offshore races. Find out more
Volvo 60 Challenger
Volvo 60 Challenger is a modified Whitbread 60 Round the World Race boat (later known as Volvo 60’s). She was initially intended to compete in the 1997 edition of the race.
- The skipper of Challenger gives you the opportunity to sail on a 60ft, 25kt+ capable, pro race boat in some of the world’s most prestigious regattas or on one of a number of ‘bucket list’ ocean crossing voyages.
- You become an active member of our crew- not a passenger. You will assist with helming, sail trimming and all the normal duties of a crew member whilst having the opportunity to learn about weather routing, navigation, race tactics & short-handed sailing techniques from a highly experienced skipper and mate.
- We provide the boat, a highly skilled professional crew, full safety training and total support throughout the voyage. So you have a great time whilst making either a HR objective or personal dream a reality.
- Your skipper and mate are going to be there for your entire experience with us and will help you through every aspect of the adventure. From learning about all the safety equipment present onboard right through to what to wear and what to pack- we can help you navigate the whole process. Find out more
Regatta’s onboard TP52 Conviction
Regatta’s onboard Volvo 60 Challenger
How do you find an individual place to join Caribbean Regattas?
Some of the deliveries, regattas, races and events will have places for individuals!
Small groups charter?
Groups looking for a private charter or who wish to race on one of the yachts, contact us. We can enlarge the crew with experienced sailors if needed.
Caribbean Yacht Racing Sailing Kit
Here are a few recommendations:
- Sunscreen (we do have a selection onboard)
- A cap or sunhat
- A lightweight waterproof jacket
- Sailing shoes (compulsory)
- Sailing Gloves
- Small day bag for personal items such as phones, keys, cameras, wallet etc; preferably waterproof!
Like to have some more information about Caribbean Yacht Racing?
+31 85 301 56 36