The 3rd edition of the Antigua to Bermuda Race starts on May 8, 2019. A race for yachts leaving the Caribbean post-season on their way to the USA or Europe. The 935-mile offshore race is organized in association with Antigua Sailing Week and is supported by the Bermuda Tourism Authority.
In 2017 over 40 yachts have expressed their interest in the 1st Antigua Bermuda Race, organized by the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club in association with Antigua Sailing Week.
The Royal Bermuda Yacht Club is the third oldest ‘Royal’ club outside British shores and has established itself as one of the most premier yacht clubs in the world.
What can you expect?
A substantial fleet is expected from all around the world, ranging from magnificent superyachts and classic designs, to high-performance multihulls, carbon fiber ocean greyhounds and production cruiser/racers.
Program Antigua Bermuda Race
From May 8, 2019
Before the Antigua Bermuda Race, the 51st edition of Antigua Sailing Week is going on from Saturday, April 28 – Friday, May 4.
- Monday, May 6 – First Training day
- Tuesday, May 7 – Second Training day, 1700 Skippers Meeting – Nelson’s Dockyard, 1800 Crew Party – TBA
- Wednesday, May 8 – 12:00 Start off Fort Charlotte, Antigua
- Thursday, May 16 – 12:00 ADT Time Limit
- Thursday, May 16 – Goslings Prize Giving – Royal Bermuda Yacht Club
Antigua Bermuda Race Course
- Start off Ft Charlotte Antigua Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- Antigua to port
- Bermuda to Port, finish off St David’s Light Bermuda
- Approx. distance 935 nm
- Prizegiving Royal Bermuda Yacht Club Thursday, May 16, 2019
Package onboard Volvo 60 Challenger for individuals
Volvo 60 Challenger is a modified Whitbread 60 Round the World Race boat (later known as Volvo 60’s). She was initially intended to compete in the 1997 edition of the race.
- The skipper of Challenger gives you the opportunity to sail on a 60ft, 25kt+ capable, pro race boat in some of the world’s most prestigious regattas or on one of a number of ‘bucket list’ ocean crossing voyages.
- You become an active member of our crew- not a passenger. You will assist with helming, sail trimming and all the normal duties of a crew member whilst having the opportunity to learn about weather routing, navigation, race tactics & short-handed sailing techniques from a highly experienced skipper and mate.
- We provide the boat, a highly skilled professional crew, full safety training and total support throughout the voyage. So you have a great time whilst making either an HR objective or personal dream a reality.
- Your skipper and mate are going to be there for your entire experience with us and will help you through every aspect of the adventure. From learning about all the safety equipment present onboard right through to what to wear and what to pack- we can help you navigate the whole process. Find out more
Package onboard TP52 Conviction for individuals
- Experience a sailing adventure like no other on these masterfully crafted racing yachts.
- TP52 provides the perfect experience for racing at the highest level in some of the most competitive regattas on the circuit
- Ideal for the sailing enthusiast or an inexperienced sailor yet to be exposed to the adrenaline rush.
- Our qualified crew will guide you towards your desired results while you will be a fully active member of the crew, learning and contributing.
- Before a regatta, we schedule training days to prepare you for the subtleties of sail trim, and the various manoeuvres as well as the tactics for upwind, downwind sailing, and procedures at mark roundings. Find out more
Individual booking or whole boat charter?
If you are looking to sail on one of the boats we represent, contact us for a whole boat charter. We can enlarge the crew with experienced sailors if needed.
- Antigua Bermuda Race start 2017
18 miles of this…Geplaatst door Bermuda Tourism op Maandag 9 april 2018
Would you like to have some more information?
+31 85 301 56 36