The 3rd edition of the Antigua to Bermuda Race starts on May 8, 2019. A race for yachts leaving the Caribbean post-season on their way to the USA or Europe. The 935-mile offshore race is organized in association with Antigua Sailing Week and is supported by the Bermuda Tourism Authority.
In 2017 over 40 yachts have expressed their interest in the 1st Antigua Bermuda Race, organized by the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club in association with Antigua Sailing Week.
The Royal Bermuda Yacht Club is the third oldest ‘Royal’ club outside British shores and has established itself as one of the most premier yacht clubs in the world.
What can you expect?
A substantial fleet is expected from all around the world, ranging from magnificent superyachts and classic designs, to high-performance multihulls, carbon fiber ocean greyhounds and production cruiser/racers.
Program Antigua Bermuda Race
From May 8, 2019
Before the Antigua Bermuda Race, the 51st edition of Antigua Sailing Week is going on from Saturday, April 28 – Friday, May 4.
- Sunday, May 5 – Tuesday, May 7 – 0930 – 1030 Registration – Nelson’s Dockyard
- Tuesday, May 7 – 1700 Skippers Meeting – Nelson’s Dockyard – Training day
- Tuesday, May 7 – 1800 Crew Party – Copper & Lumber Hotel – Training day
- Wednesday, May 8 – 12:00 Start off Fort Charlotte, Antigua
- Thursday, May 16 – 12:00 ADT Time Limit
- Thursday, May 16 – Goslings Prize Giving – Royal Bermuda Yacht Club
Antigua Bermuda Race Course
- Start off Ft Charlotte Antigua Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- Antigua to port
- Bermuda to Port, finish off St David’s Light Bermuda
- Approx. distance 935 nm
- Prizegiving Royal Bermuda Yacht Club Thursday, May 16, 2019
- Professional racing skipper and mate
- International crew
- Training and racing
- Team shirt
- Use of lifevest and life-line
- Lunch and drinks during training
- Antigua Bermuda Race start 2017
YouTube playlist TP52 Conviction
Regatta’s onboard Conviction
Would you like to have some more information?
+31 85 301 56 36