Antigua Sailing Week is held annually at the end of April, and the 52nd edition will commence with the Peters & May Round Antigua Race on Saturday, April 27, 2019.
Antigua Sailing Week is one of the premier sailing regattas in the world – with the best on the water action as well as phenomenal parties on land.
Following that will be five days of competitive racing off the rugged south coast of Antigua, which will wrap up on Friday, May 3, 2019. Antigua Sailing Week is considered one of the Caribbean’s most prestigious regattas.
What can you expect?
top level racing
Antigua Sailing Week is the longest running sailing regatta in the Caribbean and is still one of the best loved races worldwide.
Video: Epic highlights Antigua Sailing Week 2018
Program Sail Race Crew Antigua Sailing Week 2019
April 26th, 2019 – May 3th, 2019
- Training days Antigua: Friday, April 26th, Saturday, April 27th
- Round Antigua Race: Saturday, April 27th (if competing in this race is included, depends on the boat)
- Racing days 1 – 3, South Coast Antigua: Sunday, April 28th until Tuesday, April 30th
- Lay day: Wednesday, May 1st
- Racing days 4 and 5: Thursday 2nd and Friday, May 3rd
- Prizegiving: Friday, May 3rd
Depending on the boat you get trained and coached by two or three professionals who skipper and crew. The two training days will help you grow into your role on board and glue the team together. All together this makes you and the team confident.
Including (only for individual bookings):
- Professional racing skipper and mate
- International crew
- Two training days
- Five or six racing days
- Team shirt
- Use of lifevest and lifeline if necessary
- Lunch and drinks during training and racing days
- All boat costs (entree fee, mooring fee), no extra boat kitty
- Accommodation on board (depending on the boat) or else we will try to organise a crew house
Individual booking or whole boat charter?
If you are looking to sail on one of the boats we represent, contact us for the possibilities as we have places for individuals! Groups looking for a whole boat charter, contact us. We can enlarge the crew with experienced sailors if needed.
Antigua Sailing Week: by Tim Wright
Enjoy yourself with this onshore program
- Every day you can join fellow skippers and crews of Antigua Sailing Week for post race debates over a cold beer in the Beer Garden at Antigua Yacht Club daily. Starting at 3 pm, awards are presented from 5 pm to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each class each day.
- Race Day 3 ends with a BIG PARTY NIGHT – Enjoy a night of live music from local Artists, and of course, ASW always features a popular artist that everyone knows and loves. Also, lots of delicious local food and drinks will be on sale
- Final Awards Ceremony on the 5th day is followed by a fun after party at Nelsons Dock Yard. Add silverware together with entertainment, and you have a spectacular finale to Antigua Sailing Week!
- Read more
Video Antigua Sailing Week 2017 onboard TP52 Conviction
Regatta’s onboard TP52 Conviction
Would you like to have some more information?
+31 85 301 56 36