Antigua Sailing Week is held annually at the end of April, and the 53rd edition will commence with the Peters & May Round Antigua Race on Saturday, April 25, 2020.
Antigua Sailing Week is one of the premier sailing regattas in the world – with the best on the water action as well as phenomenal parties on land.
Following that will be five days of competitive racing off the rugged south coast of Antigua, which will wrap up on Friday, May 1, 2020. Antigua Sailing Week is considered one of the Caribbean’s most prestigious regattas.
What can you expect?
top level racing
Antigua Sailing Week is the longest running sailing regatta in the Caribbean and is still one of the best loved races worldwide.
Program Sail Race Crew Antigua Sailing Week 2020
April 26th, 2019 – May 1, 2020
- Round Antigua Race: Saturday, April 25th (if competing in this race is included, depends on the boat)
- Racing days 1 – 3, South Coast Antigua: Sunday, April 26 until Tuesday, April 28
- Lay day: Wednesday, April 29
- Racing days 4 and 5: Thursday, April 30 and Friday, May 1
- Prize giving: Friday, May 1
The Package for Volvo 70 Kraken
- Safety brief and training day: 24th April 2020, Antigua
- Training day: 25th April 2020, Skills and drills
- Race Days: 26, 27, 28 & 30 April & 1 May 2020
The boats itinerary starts at 9am on the 24th April, crew are welcome to turn up anytime from the 23rd as your bunk will be available, so please feel free to use her as your base.
This package includes:
- 2 x Watch leader
- On board training
- Your bunk
- Team shirt
- Marina and Berthing fees
- Food onboard while racing and training
- Wet weather gear
- Race entry fees
Meals ashore and travel to and from ports is not included.
Kraken is a stripped-out racing boat with very few luxuries, so please expect high side hot bunking, freeze-dried food – as the galley consists of a sink and 1 camping stove for boiling water and a very exciting gimbled heads!
On Kraken we like to be fully inclusive and give amateur sailors the chance to participate in all aspects of sailing the boat – we can assure you; you will not just be sitting on the rail. Find out more
Package Swan 48 Montana
|Typ / type:||Regatta|
|Check-in:||26 APR 2020 – Falmouth Harbour, Antigua|
|Check-out:||01 MAY 2020 – Falmouth Harbour, Antigua|
|Bookings:||Complete charter available|
|Price:||4950,- € (all 5 berths) + Board cash|
Sailing skills appreciated
We meet on 26th of April in Falmouth Harbour, Antigua on board Montana. This year, we offer the Antigua Sailing Week with Montana as complete charter. You come as a group and charter the Montana including skipper exclusive for the regatta.
Package onboard Volvo 60 Challenger
In 2020 we will be doing a regatta somewhere else. You can book Challenger for 2021
Volvo 60 Challenger is a modified Whitbread 60 Round the World Race boat (later known as Volvo 60’s). She was initially intended to compete in the 1997 edition of the race.
- The skipper of Challenger gives you the opportunity to sail on a 60ft, 25kt+ capable, pro race boat in some of the world’s most prestigious regattas or on one of a number of ‘bucket list’ ocean crossing voyages.
- You become an active member of our crew- not a passenger. You will assist with helming, sail trimming and all the normal duties of a crew member whilst having the opportunity to learn about weather routing, navigation, race tactics & short-handed sailing techniques from a highly experienced skipper and mate.
- We provide the boat, a highly-skilled professional crew, full safety training and total support throughout the voyage. So you have a great time whilst making either an HR objective or personal dream a reality.
- Your skipper and mate are going to be there for your entire experience with us and will help you through every aspect of the adventure. From learning about all the safety equipment present onboard right through to what to wear and what to pack- we can help you navigate the whole process. Find out more
Video: Epic highlights Antigua Sailing Week 2019
Enjoy yourself with this onshore program
- Every day you can join fellow skippers and crews of Antigua Sailing Week for post race debates over a cold beer in the Beer Garden at Antigua Yacht Club daily. Starting at 3 pm, awards are presented from 5 pm to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each class each day.
- Race Day 3 ends with a BIG PARTY NIGHT – Enjoy a night of live music from local Artists, and of course, ASW always features a popular artist that everyone knows and loves. Also, lots of delicious local food and drinks will be on sale
- Final Awards Ceremony on the 5th day is followed by a fun after party at Nelsons Dock Yard. Add silverware together with entertainment, and you have a spectacular finale to Antigua Sailing Week!
- Read more
Visit Antigua and Barbuda
Would you like to have some more information?
+31 85 301 56 36