Antigua Sailing Week is held annually at the end of April, and the 53rd edition will commence with the Peters & May Round Antigua Race on Saturday, April 25, 2020.
Antigua Sailing Week is one of the premier sailing regattas in the world – with the best on the water action as well as phenomenal parties on land.
Following that will be five days of competitive racing off the rugged south coast of Antigua, which will wrap up on Friday, May 1, 2020. Antigua Sailing Week is considered one of the Caribbean’s most prestigious regattas.
What can you expect?
top level racing
Antigua Sailing Week is the longest running sailing regatta in the Caribbean and is still one of the best loved races worldwide.
Video: Epic highlights Antigua Sailing Week 2019
Program Sail Race Crew Antigua Sailing Week 2020
April 26th, 2019 – May 1, 2020
- Training days Antigua: Friday, April 24, Saturday, April 25
- Round Antigua Race: Saturday, April 25th (if competing in this race is included, depends on the boat)
- Racing days 1 – 3, South Coast Antigua: Sunday, April 26 until Tuesday, April 28
- Lay day: Wednesday, April 29
- Racing days 4 and 5: Thursday, April 30 and Friday, May 1
- Prize giving: Friday, May 1
Depending on the boat you get trained and coached by two or three professionals who skipper and crew. The two training days will help you grow into your role on board and glue the team together. All together this makes you and the team confident.
Package onboard TP52 Conviction
We aim to bring you the opportunity to experience the thrill of top-level racing on board our sleek and masterfully crafted TP52. The TP52 is a true Grand Prix Racer, designed for yacht racing at the highest level. The all carbon fibre yacht with its powerful sail plan and deep keel is built for uncompromised performance. Downwind in stronger breezes a TP52 with sheets cracked is like hitting the turbo and will regularly hit surf speeds over 25 knots then continue to maintain high average speeds.
- Experience a sailing adventure like no other on these masterfully crafted racing yachts.
- TP52 provides the perfect experience for racing at the highest level in some of the most competitive regattas on the circuit
- Ideal for the sailing enthusiast or an inexperienced sailor yet to be exposed to the adrenaline rush.
- Our qualified crew will guide you towards your desired results while you will be a fully active member of the crew, learning and contributing.
- Before a regatta, we schedule training days to prepare you for the subtleties of sail trim, and the various manoeuvres as well as the tactics for upwind, downwind sailing, and procedures at mark roundings. Find out more
Package onboard Volvo 60 Challenger for individuals
In 2020 Will will be doing a regatta somewhere else. You can book Challenger for 2021
Volvo 60 Challenger is a modified Whitbread 60 Round the World Race boat (later known as Volvo 60’s). She was initially intended to compete in the 1997 edition of the race.
- The skipper of Challenger gives you the opportunity to sail on a 60ft, 25kt+ capable, pro race boat in some of the world’s most prestigious regattas or on one of a number of ‘bucket list’ ocean crossing voyages.
- You become an active member of our crew- not a passenger. You will assist with helming, sail trimming and all the normal duties of a crew member whilst having the opportunity to learn about weather routing, navigation, race tactics & short-handed sailing techniques from a highly experienced skipper and mate.
- We provide the boat, a highly skilled professional crew, full safety training and total support throughout the voyage. So you have a great time whilst making either an HR objective or personal dream a reality.
- Your skipper and mate are going to be there for your entire experience with us and will help you through every aspect of the adventure. From learning about all the safety equipment present onboard right through to what to wear and what to pack- we can help you navigate the whole process. Find out more
Enjoy yourself with this onshore program
- Every day you can join fellow skippers and crews of Antigua Sailing Week for post race debates over a cold beer in the Beer Garden at Antigua Yacht Club daily. Starting at 3 pm, awards are presented from 5 pm to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each class each day.
- Race Day 3 ends with a BIG PARTY NIGHT – Enjoy a night of live music from local Artists, and of course, ASW always features a popular artist that everyone knows and loves. Also, lots of delicious local food and drinks will be on sale
- Final Awards Ceremony on the 5th day is followed by a fun after party at Nelsons Dock Yard. Add silverware together with entertainment, and you have a spectacular finale to Antigua Sailing Week!
- Read more
Video Antigua Sailing Week 2017 onboard TP52 Conviction
Visit Antigua and Barbuda
Would you like to have some more information?
+31 85 301 56 36