Antigua Sailing Week is held annually at the end of April, and the 52nd edition will commence with the Peters & May Round Antigua Race on Saturday, April 27, 2019.
Antigua Sailing Week is one of the premier sailing regattas in the world – with the best on the water action as well as phenomenal parties on land.
Following that will be five days of competitive racing off the rugged south coast of Antigua, which will wrap up on Friday, May 3, 2019. Antigua Sailing Week is considered one of the Caribbean’s most prestigious regattas.
What can you expect?
top level racing
Antigua Sailing Week is the longest running sailing regatta in the Caribbean and is still one of the best loved races worldwide.
Video: Epic highlights Antigua Sailing Week 2018
Program Sail Race Crew Antigua Sailing Week 2019
April 26th, 2019 – May 3th, 2019
- Training days Antigua: Friday, April 26th, Saturday, April 27th
- Round Antigua Race: Saturday, April 27th (if competing in this race is included, depends on the boat)
- Racing days 1 – 3, South Coast Antigua: Sunday, April 28th until Tuesday, April 30th
- Lay day: Wednesday, May 1st
- Racing days 4 and 5: Thursday 2nd and Friday, May 3rd
- Prizegiving: Friday, May 3rd
Depending on the boat you get trained and coached by two or three professionals who skipper and crew. The two training days will help you grow into your role on board and glue the team together. All together this makes you and the team confident.
Package onboard Volvo 60 Challenger for individuals
Volvo 60 Challenger is a modified Whitbread 60 Round the World Race boat (later known as Volvo 60’s). She was initially intended to compete in the 1997 edition of the race.
- The skipper of Challenger gives you the opportunity to sail on a 60ft, 25kt+ capable, pro race boat in some of the world’s most prestigious regattas or on one of a number of ‘bucket list’ ocean crossing voyages.
- You become an active member of our crew- not a passenger. You will assist with helming, sail trimming and all the normal duties of a crew member whilst having the opportunity to learn about weather routing, navigation, race tactics & short-handed sailing techniques from a highly experienced skipper and mate.
- We provide the boat, a highly skilled professional crew, full safety training and total support throughout the voyage. So you have a great time whilst making either an HR objective or personal dream a reality.
- Your skipper and mate are going to be there for your entire experience with us and will help you through every aspect of the adventure. From learning about all the safety equipment present onboard right through to what to wear and what to pack- we can help you navigate the whole process. Find out more
Package onboard TP52 Conviction for individuals
- Experience a sailing adventure like no other on these masterfully crafted racing yachts.
- TP52 provides the perfect experience for racing at the highest level in some of the most competitive regattas on the circuit
- Ideal for the sailing enthusiast or an inexperienced sailor yet to be exposed to the adrenaline rush.
- Our qualified crew will guide you towards your desired results while you will be a fully active member of the crew, learning and contributing.
- Before a regatta, we schedule training days to prepare you for the subtleties of sail trim, and the various manoeuvres as well as the tactics for upwind, downwind sailing, and procedures at mark roundings. Find out more
Individual booking or whole boat charter?
If you are looking to sail on one of the boats we represent, contact us for a whole boat charter. We can enlarge the crew with experienced sailors if needed.
Antigua Sailing Week: by Tim Wright
Enjoy yourself with this onshore program
- Every day you can join fellow skippers and crews of Antigua Sailing Week for post race debates over a cold beer in the Beer Garden at Antigua Yacht Club daily. Starting at 3 pm, awards are presented from 5 pm to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each class each day.
- Race Day 3 ends with a BIG PARTY NIGHT – Enjoy a night of live music from local Artists, and of course, ASW always features a popular artist that everyone knows and loves. Also, lots of delicious local food and drinks will be on sale
- Final Awards Ceremony on the 5th day is followed by a fun after party at Nelsons Dock Yard. Add silverware together with entertainment, and you have a spectacular finale to Antigua Sailing Week!
- Read more
Video Antigua Sailing Week 2017 onboard TP52 Conviction
Visit Antigua and Barbuda
Would you like to have some more information?
+31 85 301 56 36