Compete in the 48th edition of the BVI Spring Regatta & Sailing Festival 2019
One of the top three annual Caribbean sailing events, the BVI Spring Regatta & Sailing Festival draws an average of 110 yachts, with 60% of competitors coming from overseas. There will be many new and exciting additions to the 2019 event, including two marinas at the host sponsor and venue, Nanny Cay Resort and Marina. Other events during the Sailing Festival include The Nanny Cay Round Tortola Race. The three-day Spring Regatta race will cover racing along the Sir Francis Drake Channel, The Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. Each day will conclude with nightly entertainment with dancing on the beach, and local food vendors who will feature both local and international cuisine.
- Warm Water- Hot Racing- Cool Parties
- Get to know the British Virgin Islands as a paradise
- Racing around the islands
- Everybody meets in the harbour of Nanny Cay
- Your feet in the sand while you listen to a live band with foods and drinks
- Warm trade winds from the northeast
- An average temperature of 25°C
- Christal clear blue water
- A lay day to explore the surroundings
Program BVI Spring Regatta & Sailing Festival
24 March – 31 March 2019
- Training and registration: Sunday 24 March and Monday 25 March
- Nanny Cay Round Tortola Race: Tuesday 26 March
- Scrub Island Invitational race: Wednesday 27 March
- Lay day: Thursday 28 March
- BVI Spring Regatta racing: Friday 29 March, Saturday 30 March and Sunday 31 March
The Regatta Village will be located at the outer marina of Nanny Cay Resort & Marina. The marina will have 100 slips along with full provisions of ice, water, power and fuel and the inner marina is expected to be completed with 200 slips. This will give spacious room for all boats coming to the race. The Regatta Village is filled with food vendors, live entertainment each night and, of course, a very large bar to quench the thirst of all sailors and friends.
Nanny Cay Challenge
Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, a private-island resort in the British Virgin Islands, will host the Scrub Island Invitational race which takes place Wednesday, March 27 and is expected to draw up to 50 boats to compete in a race from Nanny Cay Marina to Scrub Island. The exact course will depend on weather and conditions but will wind through many of the lush islands, offering racers breathtaking views as they make their way to Scrub Island. Upon conclusion, Scrub Island Resort will host the crews, their families and friends, and race officials for a special luncheon and party on the Grand Pavilion Patio, Donovan’s Beach and lower level of the main resort swimming pool. The festive afternoon celebration will feature live music, a barbeque lunch and speciality drinks.
Course BVI Spring Regatta & Sailing Festival
Program onboard TP52 Conviction
The TP52 is a true Grand Prix Racer, designed for yacht racing at the highest level. The all carbon fibre yacht with its powerful sail plan and deep keel is built for uncompromised performance. Downwind in stronger breezes a TP52 with sheets cracked is like hitting the turbo and will regularly hit surf speeds over 25 knots. She will then continue to maintain high average speeds.
- Barbados Offshore Sailing Syndicate offers the unique opportunity for sailors to race on a TP52 in exciting regattas as well as team building and corporate days
- Whether you have racing experience or not, all sailors are welcome to join us and experience the excitement of inshore regattas or the adventure of offshore racing
- Our qualified crew will guide you towards your desired results while you will be a fully active member of the crew, learning and contributing
- We prepare you for the subtleties of sail trim, and the various manoeuvres as well as the tactics for upwind, downwind sailing, and procedures at mark roundings
Video Story BVI Spring Regatta & Sailing Festival 2019
Regatta’s onboard TP52 Conviction
Like to have some more information?
+ 31 85 301 56 36