Join a Sail Race Crew in the RORC Caribbean 600 2020
The RORC Caribbean 600 Race has grown up to become a ‘must do’ offshore classic. The 600-mile race around 11 Caribbean islands is on the bucket list of any serious offshore sailor. You can compare the race with the Rolex Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race and the Rolex Fastnet Race.
Tradewind sailing conditions of 25 knots.
Racing around so many tropical islands in great weather is very beautiful
Five highly competitive starts thrilled hundreds of spectators lining the cliffs at Shirley Heights and Fort Charlotte
The Rorc Caribbean 600 is organised by the Royal Ocean Racing Club in association with the Antigua Yacht Club
Caribbean 600 program 2020
21st February – 28th February 2020
- Friday 21st February: Training or preparation (depending on
- Saturday 22th February: Training, skippers briefing, opening party
- Sunday 23th February: Training, preparation, packing and last-minute adjustments for the race or training (depending on the boat)
- Start race: Monday 24th February
- Expected arrival: 26t
h– 27th February
- Prize giving and closing party: Friday 28th February
The RORC Caribbean 600 is a very unique race
Wrap Film 2019 RORC Caribbean 600
600 n miles
11 Caribbean islands
1 amazing race
This is what you can expect!
- a thrilling race around 11 Caribbean islands
- winners from the Olympic Games, America’s Cup, Volvo Ocean Race and multiple world champions will be competing alongside passionate corinthian sailors
The entry list boasts a huge variety of yachts from mighty maxis and multihulls, to a vast array of racing and cruising yachts. Since the first race in 2009, the RORC Caribbean 600 has become a compulsive addiction for many, and high on the bucket list for new competitors eager to race the Caribbean classic.
The Caribbean 600 is top of the list
Caribbean 600 course
- Start at Fort Charlotte, English Harbour, Antigua
- North to St Maarten
- South to Guadeloupe
- Via Barbuda, Nevis, St Kitts, Saba and St. Barth’s
- Finish in Antigua
- Competing on Volvo 60 Challenger as an individual
Caribbean 600 package onboard Volvo 60 Challenger
Volvo 60 Challenger is a modified Whitbread 60 Round the World Race boat (later known as Volvo 60’s). She was initially intended to compete in the 1997 edition of the race.
- The skipper of Challenger gives you the opportunity to sail on a 60ft, 25kt+ capable, pro race boat in some of the world’s most prestigious regattas or on one of a number of ‘bucket list’ ocean crossing voyages.
- You become an active member of our crew- not a passenger. You will assist with helming, sail trimming and all the normal duties of a crew member whilst having the opportunity to learn about weather routing, navigation, race tactics & short-handed sailing techniques from a highly experienced skipper and mate.
- We provide the boat, a highly skilled professional crew, full safety training and total support throughout the voyage. So you have a great time whilst making either an HR objective or personal dream a reality.
- Your skipper and mate are going to be there for your entire experience with us and will help you through every aspect of the adventure. From learning about all the safety equipment present onboard right through to what to wear and what to pack- we can help you navigate the whole process. Find out more
7 days, 600 nm, 3,000 USD
- Food while on the boat
- Accommodation on the boat once training has begun
- 3 days of safety training and preparation prior to the event
- Crew shirt to wear onboard & keep
- Dockage fees
- Damage waiver
RORC Caribbean 600 with Beneteau first 47.7 Kali
We are sailing on SY Kali. A very well balanced Race/Cruiser performance boat.
This Beneteau First 47.7 has the shorter keel but the racing rigging and will bring some special performances especially going downwind.
We have some great symmetrical spinnaker with a classic carbon spi pole and we are using a 150m2 Spi.
The boat is owned by Benedikt Clauberg the Skipper of most regattas. You can profit from the experience he and his team have from the years racing on the VolvoOceanRacer 60 “Cuba Libre” and recently the Volvo Open 70 “Green Dragon”
C600 Package Swan 48 Montana
We meet on 21st of February in Falmouth Harbour, Antigua on board the Montana.
|Check-in:||21 FEB 2020 – Falmouth Harbour, Antigua|
|Check-out:||29 FEB 2020 – Falmouth Harbour, Antigua|
|Price:||1190,- € + Board cash|
Sailing skills appreciated
Costs for arrival, transfer and way back as well as all payments on land are not included in the price and have to bear from the participant. A typically board cash is about 100 to 150 EUR per week. It depends on how often the cooking will be done onboard and how often dining out.
Sailing yacht “Montana” is an S&S Swan 48 and is the number 28 of 46 built models of this series built by Nautor’s in Finland from 1971 to 1975. The Nautor’s Swan yachts have always been called luxury class sailing yachts and are considered to be the safest and most beautiful in the world. The yacht, designed by Sparkman & Stephens, convinces by excellent sailing characteristics and high comfort for the crew.
The ship is in an extraordinarily good condition and is still very close to the original design. Read more
Future dates Caribbean 600
- 2021: Feb 22-26
- 2022: Feb 21-25
- 2023: Feb 20-24
Take the Challenge & get out on the water
+31 85 301 56 36