Do you want to join a Sail Race Crew in the RORC Caribbean 600 in 2019?
The RORC Caribbean 600 Race has grown up to become a ‘must do’ offshore classic. The 600-mile race around 11 Caribbean islands is on the bucket list of any serious offshore sailor. You can compare the race with the Rolex Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race and the Rolex Fastnet Race.
Tradewind sailing conditions of 25 knots.
Racing around so many tropical islands in great weather is very beautiful
Five highly competitive starts thrilled hundreds of spectators lining the cliffs at Shirley Heights and Fort Charlotte
The Rorc Caribbean 600 is organised by the Royal Ocean Racing Club in association with the Antigua Yacht Club
Caribbean 600 program 2019
15th February – 22nd February 2019
- Friday 15th February: Training
- Saturday 16th February: Training, skippers briefing, opening party
- Sunday 17th February: Preparation, packing and last-minute adjustments for the race
- Start race: 18th February
- Expected arrival: 20st- 21th February
- Prize giving and closing party: Friday 22th February
Have a look at the Notice of Race 2019
The RORC Caribbean 600 is a very unique race
Video RORC Caribbean 600 2018 – TP52 Conviction
This is what you can expect!
- in 2018 a record entry of 88 yachts has entered the tenth edition of the RORC Caribbean 600
- 800 sailors from six continents and over 22 nations
- a thrilling race around 11 Caribbean islands
- winners from the Olympic Games, America’s Cup, Volvo Ocean Race and multiple world champions will be competing alongside passionate corinthian sailors
The entry list boasts a huge variety of yachts from mighty maxis and multihulls, to a vast array of racing and cruising yachts. Since the first race in 2009, the RORC Caribbean 600 has become a compulsive addiction for many, and high on the bucket list for new competitors eager to race the Caribbean classic.
The tactical course takes competitors around 11 of the most beautiful Caribbean islands
The Caribbean 600 is top of the list
Caribbean 600 course
- Start at Fort Charlotte, English Harbour, Antigua
- North to St Maarten
- South to Guadeloupe
- Via Barbuda, Nevis, St Kitts, Saba and St. Barth’s
- Finish in Antigua
- Competing on Volvo 60 Challenger as an individual or charter TP52 Conviction
The 2018 edition of the race was the coming of age of the RORC Caribbean 600
The RORC Caribbean 600 has grown up to become a ‘must do’ offshore classic. The 2018 race celebrated its tenth anniversary and the 600-mile race around 11 Caribbean islands is on the bucket list of any serious offshore sailor. This year, any remanence of its stature as a Caribbean cruise was totally extinguished. 25 knots of solid trade winds with gusty squalls and a confused sea state delivered a challenge to over 800 sailors from six different continents. The 2018 edition of the race was the coming of age of the RORC Caribbean 600. 84 starters, 41 finishers, 43 retirees.
Regatta’s onboard TP52 Conviction
Caribbean 600 package onboard Volvo 60 Challenger
Volvo 60 Challenger is a modified Whitbread 60 Round the World Race boat (later known as Volvo 60’s). She was initially intended to compete in the 1997 edition of the race.
- The skipper of Challenger gives you the opportunity to sail on a 60ft, 25kt+ capable, pro race boat in some of the world’s most prestigious regattas or on one of a number of ‘bucket list’ ocean crossing voyages.
- You become an active member of our crew- not a passenger. You will assist with helming, sail trimming and all the normal duties of a crew member whilst having the opportunity to learn about weather routing, navigation, race tactics & short-handed sailing techniques from a highly experienced skipper and mate.
- We provide the boat, a highly skilled professional crew, full safety training and total support throughout the voyage. So you have a great time whilst making either an HR objective or personal dream a reality.
- Your skipper and mate are going to be there for your entire experience with us and will help you through every aspect of the adventure. From learning about all the safety equipment present onboard right through to what to wear and what to pack- we can help you navigate the whole process. Find out more
- Food while on the boat
- Accommodation on the boat once training has begun
- 2 days of safety training prior to the event
- Crew shirt to wear onboard & keep
- Dockage fees
- Damage waiver
Regatta’s Volvo 60 Challenger
Like to have some more information?
+ 31 85 301 56 36