Grenada Sailing Week International Regatta for serious racers that starts the Caribbean racing season.
International racing in the warm beauty of Caribbean waters!
The first Grenada Sailing Week event took place in Jan/Feb 2013 and over the past five years, it has become firmly established. The number of participants has increased, courses have been fine-tuned for more challenging racing, classes have been added to accommodate a larger range of yachts, and a variety of venues have been selected to showcase the island of Grenada.
Grenada is the famous Spice Isle. Richard Szyjan, a local sailmaker and rigger, is a longterm organiser and participant in this excellent regatta where the organisers reliably ensure the best Caribbean racing experience. The regatta has a team of committed volunteers and a dedicated organizing committee.
Program Grenada Sailing Week
Monday 26 -31 January 2020
- 25 Jan: First Training Day
- 26 Jan: Welcome to the Regatta (Grenada Yacht Club) and Welcome Party and 2nd Training day
- 27 Jan: Race Day 1
- 28 Jan: Race Day 2
- 29 Jan: Lay Day
- 30 Jan: Race Day 3
- 31 Jan: Race Day 4, Final Prize-giving for day’s racing & Overall Winners and Final Wrap Up Party
All evening events subject to confirmation and change. Please check the organization website and details published during the event.
Join Volvo 60 Challenger
- The skipper of Challenger gives you the opportunity to sail on a 60ft, 25kt+ capable, pro race boat in some of the world’s most prestigious regattas or on one of a number of ‘bucket list’ ocean crossing voyages.
- You become an active member of our crew- not a passenger. You will assist with helming, sail trimming and all the normal duties of a crew member whilst having the opportunity to learn about weather routing, navigation, race tactics & short-handed sailing techniques from a highly experienced skipper and mate.
- We provide the boat, a highly skilled professional crew, full safety training and total support throughout the voyage. So you have a great time whilst making either a HR objective or personal dream a reality.
- Your skipper and mate are going to be there for your entire experience with us and will help you through every aspect of the adventure. From learning about all the safety equipment present onboard right through to what to wear and what to pack- we can help you navigate the whole process. Find out more
7 Days, 2,500 USD
Grenada Sailing Week International Regatta footage 2017
Grenada Sailing Week is proud to be part of the Clean Regatta program run by Sailors for the Sea.
Pure Grenada the spice of the Caribbean
With less than 110,000 inhabitants and only 133 square miles of land, the tri-island state of Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique appears almost invisible on the world map. Despite its size, the island is widely known for its abundance of spices, unspoilt beauty and friendly people.
Like to have some more information on which yacht you can participate?
+31 85 301 56 36