What means competing in the 39th edition of St.Maarten Heineken Regatta 2019?
St.Maarten Heineken Regatta is 39 years strong and it just keeps getting better. Four days of world-class racing with some of the world’s most seasoned sailors, from more than 35 countries, sailing Maxis, Monohulls and Performance Multihulls to holiday-makers on chartered Bareboats and live-aboard families cruising the Caribbean. The 38th St. Maarten Heineken Regatta was destined to be a special edition from the moment hurricane Irma hit the island on 6 September 2017. With the generous support of Princess Port de Plaisance Resort and Casino and the Yacht Club at Port de Plaisance, the regatta will be based in a ‘regatta village’ that will encourage that camaraderie by bringing together in one place all the essentials of a great regatta venue: docking, registration, regatta offices, food stands, and beer tents. Crystal clear waters and cooling northeast trade winds give the pristine conditions for spectacular racing just off the coast of St. Maarten. And with Heineken as title sponsor, the racing days blend seamlessly into four nights of exceptional parties. This event is your bucket list must-do! Come and enjoy life in the Caribbean, come for some Serious Fun from February 28 – March 3, 2019! The 2017 brochure gives you an idea:
- A world-famous international sailing event consisting of four days of racing
- Compete with world’s best sailors on the fastest boats
- Competitors from 37 different countries (in 2016)
- Warm trade winds from the northeast
- An average temperature of 25 ° C
- Chrystal clear blue water
- Racing alongside the coast and around the island
- Amazing views of the beaches and rocks
- Enjoy the culture, cuisine, and music from the Dutch and French side
Program St.Maarten Heineken Regatta
The four-day event kicks off on Thursday, February 28, 2019. On Friday the fleet embarks on the event’s 26 nautical miles Around the Island Race before taking on a series of windward-leeward races on Saturday and a single coastal race on Sunday. Each day of racing is rounded out with serious shore-side entertainment, including concerts and parties.
26th February – 3rd March 2019
- Half a day training: Tuesday 26th February ( the boat has to come from Antigua after the RORC Caribbean 600)
- Intense training: Wednesday 27th February
- First Race Day: Thursday 28th February
- Round the Island from Simpson Bay: Friday 1th March
- Race Day 3 (both sides island): Saturday 2nd March
- Race day 4 (South Coast and North West): Sunday 3th March
- Price giving and beach party: Sunday 3rd March
More information on the sailing and shore program you find here
Video TP52 Conviction Round the Island Race St.Maarten Heineken Regatta 2016
Join us in 2019 and get an amazing experience
St.Maarten Heineken Regatta wrap up film 2017
Sint Maarten Yacht Club
Established in 1980 with the goal to promote sailing on the island of St Maarten. It organizes multiple sailing events throughout the year, with the St Maarten Heineken Regatta as its crown jewel. A youth sailing program stimulates local youngsters to become part of the sailing community, teaching them life skills like team work, perseverance and confidence. Always looking to further develop sailing on St Maarten, the Club is active in promoting the sport, as well as the beautiful destination it is located at.
Regatta’s onboard TP52 Conviction
Like to have some more information?
+ 31 85 301 56 36