What means competing in the 40th edition of St. Maarten Heineken Regatta 2020?
The St. Maarten Heineken Regatta invites Sailors and Festival lovers to celebrate its 40th anniversary in March 2020.
St. Maarten Heineken Regatta, 40 years strong and it just keeps getting better. Four days of world-class racing with some of the world’s most seasoned sailors, from more than 35 countries, sailing Maxis, Monohulls and Performance Multihulls to holiday-makers on chartered Bareboats and live-aboard families cruising the Caribbean. Crystal clear waters and cooling northeast trade winds give the pristine conditions for spectacular racing just off the coast of St. Maarten. And with Heineken as title sponsor, the racing days blend seamlessly into four nights of exceptional parties. This event is your bucket list must-do! Come and enjoy life in the Caribbean, come for some Serious Fun from March 5-8, 2020!
- A world-famous international sailing event consisting of four days of racing
- Compete with the world’s best sailors on the fastest boats
- Competitors from more than 35 different countries
- Warm trade winds from the northeast
- An average temperature of 25 ° C
- Crystal clear water
- Racing alongside the coast and around the island
- Amazing views of the beaches and rocks
- Enjoy the culture, cuisine, and music from the Dutch and French side
Program St. Maarten Heineken Regatta
The four-day event kicks off on Thursday, March 3, 2020. The Organisation: “Our main goal is to offer exceptionally high-quality racing. We are already making exciting changes to enhance this 4-day event, combining windward and leeward races with distance and coastal racing. We offer something for every type of boat, from the beautiful Maxi’s who graced our shores in great numbers in
3rd – 8th March 2020
The schedule can be subject to change
- Training: Tuesday 3rd March
- Training: Wednesday 4th March
- First Race Day: Thursday 5th March
- Race Day 2: Friday 6th March
- Race day 3: Saturday 7th March
- Race day 4: Sunday 8th March
- Price giving and beach party: Sunday 8th March
Every day after racing between 3 pm and 5 pm and on Sunday at 1:30 pm, the St. Maarten Heineken Regatta will be making a show out of the bridge openings.
More information on the sailing and shore program you find here
St. Maarten Heineken Regatta 2019 Wrap up
Package onboard Volvo 60 Challenger for individuals
Volvo 60 Challenger is a modified Whitbread 60 Round the World Race boat (later known as Volvo 60’s). She was initially intended to compete in the 1997 edition of the race.
- The skipper of Challenger gives you the opportunity to sail on a 60ft, 25kt+ capable, pro race boat in some of the world’s most prestigious regattas or on one of a number of ‘bucket list’ ocean crossing voyages.
- You become an active member of our crew- not a passenger. You will assist with helming, sail trimming and all the normal duties of a crew member whilst having the opportunity to learn about weather routing, navigation, race tactics & short-handed sailing techniques from a highly experienced skipper and mate.
- We provide the boat, a highly skilled professional crew, full safety training and total support throughout the voyage. So you have a great time whilst making either an HR objective or personal dream a reality.
- Your skipper and mate are going to be there for your entire experience with us and will help you through every aspect of the adventure. From learning about all the safety equipment present onboard right through to what to wear and what to pack- we can help you navigate the whole process. Find out more
Package onboard Beneteau First 47.7 Kali
We are sailing on SY Kali. A very well balanced Race/Cruiser performance boat. This Beneteau First 47.7 has the shorter keel but the racing rigging and will bring some special performances especially going downwind.
We have a great symmetrical spinnaker with a classic carbon spi pole and we are using a 150m2 Spi.
The boat is owned by Benedikt Clauberg the Skipper of most regattas. You can profit from the experience he and his team have from the years racing on the VolvoOceanRacer 60 “Cuba Libre” and recently the Volvo Open 70 “Green Dragon”
Sint Maarten Yacht Club
Established in 1980 with the goal to promote sailing on the island of St Maarten. It organizes multiple sailing events throughout the year, with the St Maarten Heineken Regatta as its crown jewel. A youth sailing program stimulates local youngsters to become part of the sailing community, teaching them life skills like teamwork, perseverance and confidence. Always looking to further develop sailing on St Maarten, the Club is active in promoting the sport, as well as the beautiful destination it is located at.
It is located on one of the best spots on the island, right next to the Simpson Bay Bridge. Here, one can enjoy a great view on all boats entering and leaving the lagoon. Especially during the St. Maarten Heineken Regatta, when more than 100 sailboats go through this bridge!
Future dates of the St. Maarten Heineken Regatta
The St. Maarten Heineken Regatta always takes place the first weekend of March. These are the dates for the next years:
2021: March 4th – March 7th
2022: March 3rd – March 6th
2023: March 2nd – March 5th
Other Caribbean Regatta’s
Like to have some more information?
+31 85 301 56 36