St. Thomas International Regatta
The St. Thomas International Regatta (STIR), first sailed in 1974, continues in its fourth decade with an exceptional program of serious
The STIR is renowned for its serious racing reputation that attracts both the latest yacht designs and hottest one-design classes as well as the greatest skippers and crews from across the globe as well as the Caribbean’s hottest rock stars.
STIR 2020, March 27-29
The St. Thomas International Regatta is etched into every racer’s mind as the “Crown Jewel” of Caribbean racing–where sailors can experience the reliable breezes, warm azure waters and world-renowned Island hospitality.
The Round the Rocks Race
March 26, 2020
A great way to stir up the fun in advance of the St. Thomas International Regatta (STIR)! This one-day event is independent of STIR and features its own course, separate scoring and special prize-giving.
Program St. Thomas International Regatta
27 – 29 March 2020
- Wednesday 25th March: first training day (optional Round the Rocks Race and two training days from 24th March)
- Thursday 26th March: second training day
- Friday 27th, Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th March: racing days
The St. Thomas International Regatta centres the activities around the St. Thomas Yacht Club. It is not a “travelling show”.
Have a look at the STIR website for the latest schedule
Charter TP52 Conviction
The TP52 is a true Grand Prix Racer, designed for yacht racing at the highest level. The all carbon fibre yacht with its powerful sail plan and deep keel is built for uncompromised performance. Downwind in stronger breezes a TP52 with sheets cracked is like hitting the turbo and will regularly hit surf speeds over 25 knots then continue to maintain high average speeds.
- Barbados Offshore Sailing Syndicate offers the unique opportunity for sailors to race on a TP52 in exciting regattas as well as team building and corporate days.
- Whether you have racing experience or not, all sailors are welcome to join us and experience the excitement of inshore regattas or the adventure of offshore racing.
- Our qualified crew will guide you towards your desired results while you will be a fully active member of the crew, learning and contributing.
- We prepare you for the subtleties of sail trim, and the various manoeuvres as well as the tactics for upwind, downwind sailing, and procedures at mark roundings.
It’s possible to fly here direct from major U.S, cities such as Boston, New York, Atlanta and Miami, which also makes it easy for European sailors to fly to and in from these gateway cities.
Regatta’s onboard TP52 Conviction
Like to have some more information?
+31 85 301 56 36