Brisbane Noumea Race 2020 / 850nm / 27 May – 6 June 2020
10 DAYS / CAT 1 OCEAN RACE / 4 CREW POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The 850nm Brisbane to Noumea Race is a fantastic ocean race that takes us from the start line in Moreton Bay, Brisbane Australia, to the finish in Noumea in beautiful French New Caledonia, the doorstep to some of the remotest and most beautiful anchorages in the world. This race is organised and conducted by the Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron with the co-operation of Cercle Nautique Caledonien.
After clearing Moreton Bay, yachts won’t sight land again until they see the Amadee Light south of the capital of New Caledonia, Noumea and whilst the fringing reefs of New Caledonia can be tricky the crews will know that the reception they get at the Cercle Nautique Caledonian will be warm and welcoming.
This race feeds into the start of the 654 nautical mile Groupama Race around the biggest lagoon in the world; the island of New Caledonia, which is popular with local boats and those Kiwi and Aussie sailors staying on for the next ocean challenge.
You can fly directly into Brisbane or Gold Coast Airport on or before Monday 27th May 2020. Our crew will officially assemble the same evening and you will join us for a crew dinner ashore. On Tuesday 28th May we’ll meet for breakfast early and then run through final checks and preparations. We’ll familiarise you with the yacht, systems and safety equipment and get you ready for departure within 24-48 hours with arrival expected in Noumea on the 3rd – 5th June. You are welcome to stay onboard, but we will also book group-share accommodation ashore in Noumea. You’ll receive a reception you will never forget at the Cercle Nautique Caledonian (Noumea Yacht Club). We’ll attend a number of celebratory events in Noumea in the days following the race and you can also allocate time for sightseeing. You should plan to fly out of Noumea from the Nouméa – La Tontouta International Airport after midday on the 6th June or dive straight into the 654nm Groupama Race that starts a few days later on June 14. Most of our crew will depart around the 6-7 June, so plan to stay on and enjoy the 3-4 days in Noumea at the end of the race, as it truly is a celebration you will never forget.
Your crew package includes:
- all meals onboard
- meals ashore
- accommodation onboard
- your Ocean Gem crew shirt
- marina fees, race entry fees
- the use of a PFD (personal floatation device), PLB (personal locator beacon), and a safety tether
- Your bedding, a pillow and towel is also included along with suncream.
Your crew package excludes:
- accommodation ashore
- flights and transport to and from departure and arrival ports and visas
- clothing and wet weather gear
Its always recommended that you book flights with date flexibility in case of unforeseen changes due to weather or schedules. Accommodation options if you want to stay ashore either side of the trip:
Brisbane Noumea Race onboard Ocean Gem
Ocean Gem is a 45 foot yacht for the ocean sailing adventure of a lifetime. Whether its a 600nm ocean passage down Australia’s East Coast, a 200 yacht regatta around the Whitsunday Islands, the Rolex Sydney Hobart Race, a Tasman Sea crossing or circumnavigating Tasmania, why not join Ocean Gem as a paying crew member in one of the limited spots available for each adventure. Find out more about offshore sailing onboard Ocean Gem. Check out the crew testimonials to see what others have to say about their adventures onboard Ocean Gem. Come ocean sailing!
Promo New Caledonia, Pacific heart
A land of contrasts blending exotic Oceanian culture and French sophistication, New Caledonia presents an unrivalled range of landscapes, cultures and activities. Turquoise lagoons, white sandy beaches, red-soiled wilderness, lush mountains and golden plains co-exist in a gentle sub-tropical climate.
Yacht Races onboard Ocean Gem
- Hamilton Island Race Week: 16 – 25 Aug 2019
- Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race: 25 Dec 2019 – 2 Jan 2020
- Brisbane Noumea Race: 27 May – 6 Jun 2020
- New Caledonia Groupama Race: 19 – 28 Jun 2020
- Brisbane Hamilton Island Yacht Race: Beginning of A
- Sydney to Auckland Race: 26 Jan – 10 Feb 2021
Passages onboard Ocean Gem
- Hamilton Island to Southport: 25 – 31 Aug 2019
- Southport to Middleton Reef, Elizabeth Reef and Lord Howe Island Passage: 17 – 24 Nov 2019
- Lord Howe Island to Sydney Passage: 23 – 28 Nov 2019
- Tasmania Circumnavigation: 27 Jan – 10 Feb 2020
- Hobart to Picton Tasman Sea Passage: 8 – 22 Mar 2020
- Picton New Zealand to Southport Australia Passage: 12 – 26 April 2020
- Noumea to Vuda Point: 28 Jun – 7 July 2020
- Vuda Point to Hamilton Island: 28 Jul – 12 Aug 2020
We hope to see you soon on board Ocean Gem
+31 85 301 56 36