Pittwater to Paradise regatta / 370nm / 1 Jan – 6 Jan 2021
6 days / Cat 2 Ocean Race / 2 crew positions available
The Pittwater to Paradise Regatta is the signature offshore summer yachting event for the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club (RPAYC). The NSW coastal fringe is a dramatic ever-changing landscape of beaches, cliffs, towns, safe harbours and islands. Each January the 370 nautical mile Australian Sailing Category 2 ocean race – the Pittwater to Paradise Regatta – takes the fleet north along the NSW coast to the easternmost tip of Australia at Cape Byron before the final leg along Queensland’s golden beaches to the finish line off Main Beach at Southport on the Gold Coast. With a fleet of more than 30 yachts, this promises to be another challenging edition of the race.
Pittwater to Paradise regatta 2021 Ocean Gem Itenery (to be confirmed)
You can fly directly into Sydney Airport on Friday 1st January or earlier if you want to be there for New Years Eve. Our crew will officially assemble on New Years Day evening and you will join us for a crew dinner ashore. On Saturday 2nd January we’ll meet for breakfast early and then run through final checks and preparations. We’ll familiarise you with the yacht, systems and safety equipment and get you ready for departure from the dock around 11:30am. Its a 2-3 day sail to Southport with arrival expected on the 4-5th January and you are welcome to stay onboard on 1st and 4-5th January. You should plan to fly out of either Gold Coast or Brisbane Airport on after 5pm on the 6th January.
Your crew package includes:
- all meals onboard
- meals ashore
- accommodation onboard
- your Ocean Gem crew shirt
- marina fees, race entry fees
- the use of a PFD (personal floatation device), PLB (personal locator beacon), and a safety tether
- Your bedding, a pillow and towel is also included along with suncream.
Your crew package excludes:
- accommodation ashore
- flights and transport to and from departure and arrival ports and visas
- clothing and wet weather gear
Its always recommended that you book flights with date flexibility in case of unforeseen changes due to weather or schedules. Accommodation options if you want to stay ashore either side of the trip: AirBNB, Booking.com, Wotif & HomeAway.
Pittwater to Paradise Regatta onboard Ocean Gem
Ocean Gem is a
Yacht Races onboard Ocean Gem
Passages onboard Ocean Gem
- Hamilton Island to Southport: 25 – 31 Aug 2019
- Southport to Middleton Reef, Elizabeth Reef and Lord Howe Island Passage: 17 – 24 Nov 2019
- Lord Howe Island to Sydney Passage: 23 – 28 Nov 2019
- Tasmania Circumnavigation: 27 Jan – 10 Feb 2020
- Hobart to Picton Tasman Sea Passage: 8 – 22 Mar 2020
- Picton New Zealand to Southport Australia Passage: 12 – 26 April 2020
- Noumea to Vuda Point: 28 Jun – 7 July 2020
- Vuda Point to Hamilton Island: 28 Jul – 12 Aug 2020
We hope to see you soon on board Ocean Gem
+31 85 301 56 36